Why the bees?

Why the bees?
Well Deborah means "bee" in Hebrew. My name is spelt Debra, but you get the link, I hope.

Bees are busy working, & my mind is busy planning all the scrapbooking, cardmaking & papercraft projects I am going to make!!!


Friday, July 30, 2010

The Color Room

I have just joined the Color Room last week. My first submission was for the Color Palette for this week. It was due today. Here is my layout.




The Color Room has lots of talented people from all over the world & lots of gorgeous layouts. Click the link at right to go to the Color Room. Have a look at the sketches & colour palettes. They may give you some ideas for layouts.

This is the colour palette & sketch for last week. I love these sketches & colour palettes. I normally do a lot of thinking & planning (& procrastinating). It normally takes me a couple of days to do one page. With the sketches & colour palette in place I just needed to choose the photo. It all came together in a few hours.


I normally do a double page layout. I like my pages to match or at least not to clash. This is the double layout below.


These are some photos of the detail of the leaves. I used the Big Shot with the Leaves #2 die. I then curled them & inked them. Lastly I added some crystal effects to look something like rain droplets.


No comments:

Post a Comment