Why the bees?

Why the bees?
Well Deborah means "bee" in Hebrew. My name is spelt Debra, but you get the link, I hope.

Bees are busy working, & my mind is busy planning all the scrapbooking, cardmaking & papercraft projects I am going to make!!!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Books

I have finished the bookbinding course. It was very interesting & creative.
Here is an A5 photo album that I made in the course. This is an A5 landscape photo album with black card pages & glassine dividers covering the photos. It has bookcloth covering the spine with oriental stitching to bind the album together. I have used the Stampin'Up! Big Shot & Sizzix Little Leaves, the Stampin'Up! 5 Petal Flower Punch & the Boho Blossoms Punch to decorate the cover.










Here is a single section A5 notebook. It has pamphlet stitching to stitch the section together & a hardcover with bookcloth on the spine to make the hinge stronger. I have used the Stampin'Up! Big Shot & Sizzix Little Leaves to put under the paper covering the hardcover. You can just see the shape of the leaves coming through the paper.










This is is the book I restored. It was a picture book of Taronga Park Zoo circa 1960. It has a hardcover covered with bookcloth. It has a hard spine with headbands on the top & bottom of the spine. I have used the Stampin'Up! Big Shot & Leaves #2 & stuck them on under the bookcloth.











Close up of headbands. The headbands protect the ends of the books spine. Most hardcover books have headbands.










No comments:

Post a Comment